Each module will be assessed using an applied project. Details and guidance of this are provided at the start of each module.
Delivery Method Video Sample
Click to Play
Module: Advanced Conditioning & Recovery Methods | Topic: Technology Used in Velocity Based Training
During the second and fourth modules, students are required to attend the Sportslab in Thurles, Co. Tipperary, Ireland where hands-on training will be provided by leading sports technology specialists.
Final Project and Assessment
You will submit a final project following the completion of the five online modules. During the online element you will receive guidance and mentoring from a tutor who will assist you in the selection of a final project.
Our internationally accredited and industry-recognised qualification will give you:
- An advanced understanding of both current and emerging technology, knowledge and practice in performance science.
- Practical coaching skills in the application of technology in sport.
- Preparation and encouragement to pursue future coaching and performance management opportunities.
- Higher order creative, critical and reflective thinking skills that encourage application and evaluation.
- A multidisciplinary approach to working confidently within sport and human performance at an elite level.
This course will produce graduates capable of coaching, planning, managing and implementing the latest sports technology and methodologies based on current science and its practical application. As such, it is expected that graduates will be well prepared to accept high levels of responsibility within a variety of sports and fitness industry sectors. They include but are not limited to:
- Elite and Amateur levels in Team and Individual sports
- National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGB)
- Health and Public sector
- Health and Fitness industry
- Freelance and Consultancy
- Sports Technology, Equipment and Performance Science
Our Alumni are highly employable throughout the world. Currently, our graduates are engaged in the following sectors:
- Premiership Football
- European Golf Tour
- PGA Tour (USA)
- AFL Australia
- Australia Rugby Union
- England Rugby Union
- Irish Rugby Football Union
- French Rugby Federation
- NFL (USA)
- World Rugby
- International Sports Teams
Candidates may be accepted onto the programme with a 2.1 degree in any one of the following:
Strength and Conditioning, Sports Science, Sports Physiotherapy, Athletic Training or a similar field of study and at least three years relevant professional experience
An appropriate professional qualification (such as CSCS, UKSCA) and at least five years of relevant experience
Special Case Registrations: prospective participants who do not meet the entry requirements for the programme detailed above, but who may qualify for admission by meeting certain other equivalent criteria, should apply to the College Administrator for consideration. An interview may form part of the selection process for all application routes.
English proficiency to be demonstrated through any of the following:
– GCSE pass in English at Grade C or above
– IELTS with an average overall score of 6.5 for postgraduate study with at least a 5.5 in each component TOEFL IBT minimum score of 88 IBT for Postgraduate **
– Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): exams taken from January 2015 – overall score of 176 for postgraduate study with at least 162 in each component; exams taken before January 2015 – Grade C and no less than borderline in each skill for undergraduate and postgraduate
– Trinity College English Language qualifications: ISE III Pass for postgraduate taught courses and research applications City and Guild’s IESOL/ISESOL tests at expert and mastery levels (C2 and C1) for the majority of postgraduate programs.
– Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) with a minimum of 67 points in each element for the majority of postgraduate programs
Designed, Validated and Accredited by Industry Experts and Organisations
The Master of Science in Performance Coaching is a joint programme by Setanta College and Irish American University.
This course is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, one of the world’s leading accrediting bodies, recognised globally and comes under the US Dept. of Education’s Council of Higher Education Accreditation.
Furthermore, Setanta College Professional Advisory Board, other subject matter experts, and international sporting organisations have informed, reviewed, and approved the course content. This includes World Rugby, the Titleist Performance Institute and the NSCA (National Strength & Conditioning Association) who recognise our programmes and qualifications.