Setanta Certificate in Coaching Skills
EXPERT ADVICE · ONLINE ACCESS
This course provides the coach with numerous strategies and methods to effectively coach in sport, exercise, rehabilitation and physical education.
The coach will learn how different coaching styles are used to coach children, teenagers and adults and participants with disabilities. Drawing from a wealth of resources on best practice in coaching that includes a description of the traits of the most effective coaches, other key topics covered include the importance and practice of better communication skills
between the participant and the coach.
The stages of skill development for a given movement or sport skill are also considered and illustrated and the coach will gain greater insight into how to ensure continued coaching progress in technical, tactical and physical performance.
By the end of this course the learner will:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the stages and processes of motor control and learning
- Appreciate the issues and approaches to coaching skills in participants with disabilities
- Apply the knowledge of Growth and Development into a practical coaching programme
- Be familiar with physical education curricula and sporting associations coaching rationale
Course Duration: 12 Weeks
Approval & Recognition: This course is approved by Setanta College and recognised by professional and industry leaders.
NFQ Level: N/A
Course Start Date: This course has an open start date with optional practical workshops to be scheduled when campuses reopen.
Delivery Method: This course is delivered via blended learning, with online learning through our interactive study environment accompanied by 2 face-to-face Saturday workshops on campus in Thurles.
This course is aimed primarily at:
- Sports Coaches
- Fitness Professionals
- Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Athletes and Sportspeople
- Business Managers