This course is aimed at those who are already qualified within personal training, strength and conditioning, sports science and physical education.
The course will enhance the coach’s understanding of how to facilitate greater involvement in physical activity and sport for special populations including the older participant, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with acute and chronic disease.
The course facilitates the coach’s previous learning in the application of progressive principles and methods in formulating and coaching appropriate and progressive programmes of strength, conditioning and movement competence within a variety of special populations:
By the end of the course the learner will:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of functionally appropriate strategies and methods for promoting greater fitness and movement competence in special populations
- Appreciate the issues and approaches to coaching skills in participants with disease and disabilities
- Apply their knowledge into individual practical coaching programmes
Course Duration: 12 Weeks
Accreditation: This course is accredited by Setanta College and carries 10 ECTS credits awarded by QQI. These credits can be applied to the relevant QQI accredited Setanta College programmes.
Course Start Date: The course commences on the first week of June
Delivery Method: This course is delivered via blended learning, with online learning through our interactive study environment accompanied by 2 face-to-face Saturday workshops on campus in Thurles
This course is primarily aimed at:
- Certified Fitness Professionals
- Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Sports Scientists
- Rehabilitation Professionals
Pay in full: €600
Pay monthly: €220/month for 3 months