This course is aimed at those who are already qualified within personal training, strength and conditioning, sports science and physical education.
The course will enhance the coach’s understanding of how to facilitate greater involvement in physical activity and sport for special populations including the older participant, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with acute and chronic disease.
The course facilitates the coach’s previous learning in the application of progressive principles and methods in formulating and coaching appropriate and progressive programmes of strength, conditioning and movement competence within a variety of special populations:
By the end of the course the learner will:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of functionally appropriate strategies and methods for promoting greater fitness and movement competence in special populations
- Appreciate the issues and approaches to coaching skills in participants with disease and disabilities
- Apply their knowledge into individual practical coaching programmes
Approval & Recognition: This course is approved by Setanta College and recognised by professional and industry leaders.
NFQ Level: N/A
Course Start Date: This course has an open start date with optional practical workshops to be scheduled when campuses reopen.
Delivery Method: This course is delivered via blended learning, with online learning through our interactive study environment accompanied by an optional face-to-face Saturday workshop on campus in Thurles.
This course is primarily aimed at:
- Certified Fitness Professionals
- Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Sports Scientists
- Rehabilitation Professionals
€220 €165/month for 3 months