The programme will help students further their knowledge in both the coaching and commercial aspects of the industry. With a more in-depth understanding of such areas, you will be able to provide an even higher standard of coaching and training to your clients.
On successful completion of this course, the graduate will have completed three key modules allowing them to create and manage unique exercise programmes for teams, individuals, or athletes. These modules are:
- Advanced Resistance Training
- Sport & Exercise Nutrition
- Business of Fitness & Sport
As a result, graduates will:
- Select and coach a wide range of resistance training exercises.
- Identify the strength related needs for individual and team athletes and individual fitness-related clients.
- Apply the principles of training to the creation of resistance training programmes including hypertrophy, power and maximum strength development.
- Describe the recommended nutritional guidelines to support exercise participation and athletic performance.
- Demonstrate specialised assessment and application skills within the area of nutritional analysis.
- Formulate a nutritional programme for a specified athlete following a dietary assessment and activity demands assessment.
- Display a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the goals and objectives of a business in the strength and conditioning field.
- Display a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the regulatory laws and requirements affecting small business.
- Critically evaluate the potential of social networks and media in supporting a sport/exercise business.
- Develop a plan for an effective independent business.
All modules of this course are delivered part-time via blended or distance learning.
Weekly lectures will be delivered through our virtual learning environment and are completed entirely online. The practical face-to-face elements of the course are delivered on campus once every 4 – 5 weeks.
Student knowledge is examined using continuous assessment comprising of essay-style project work.
The course has been designed to accommodate the working professional and will fit in a flexible manner into your daily schedule.
We have adapted to the current environment to ensure our courses continue to be delivered to the highest quality. The theoretical side of our courses are continuing as normal, with our online classroom allowing you to access course content in your own time and at your own pace.
In the event that practical workshops are prevented from going ahead due to government guidelines, these workshops will be rescheduled to a later date. In the meantime, we are now delivering live online workshops. These online workshops will supplement the course content, rather than replace practical workshops. We will be keeping our students updated on when postponed workshops can go ahead.
Setanta College graduates work throughout the world with top professional teams and athletes. Others support their local schools, clubs, special populations, and local community by applying their knowledge to help improve coaching practices and general health and wellbeing. Increasingly there is a demand for suitably qualified professionals in the general health and wellness industry and a number of our graduates have gone on to work in, or own and operate, their own facilities.
Setanta College has appointed a world renowned advisory board to inform and oversee our programmes and research strategy. This board, comprising of professors and practitioners from around the world, keep Setanta College at the cutting edge of Performance Science, Technology, and Strength and Conditioning.
Our lecturers are qualified to MSc or PhD level and are former high-level sportspeople, active coaches or both. We have a team of international specialists who lecture on both our online and full-time programmes.
The Certificate in Advanced Personal Training is a further step along the undergraduate pathway. Applicants must have graduated from our Setanta College Diploma in Personal Training and Strength & Conditioning.