To effectively coach children and teenagers it is essential to understand their stage of growth in terms of physical and psycho-emotional development.
In this course we examine how children progress and refine their fine and gross movement skills as they progress from infancy through to their teenage years. We also consider how modern living impacts on this critical period of development. We describe practical exercises that progress what are known as reflexive and rudimentary movement skills which are critical to later movement and sport skill development.
We also provide an extensive menu of exercises, drills and games that include rolling, crawling and rotational exercises and drills that can be incorporated into the physical activity programme of both young and not so young performers.
By the end of the course the learner will:
- Display a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the early stages of motor and movement development
- Integrate the concepts of growth, development and movement into the different stages of development of the child and teenager
- Recognise the impact of modern lifestyle on physical posture and movement skill development
- Integrate the principles and concepts studied into a coaching context
Approval & Recognition: This course is approved by Setanta College and recognised by professional and industry leaders.
NFQ Level: N/A
Course Start Date: This course has an open start date with optional practical workshops to be scheduled when campuses reopen.
Delivery Method: This course is delivered via blended learning, with a weekly lecture delivered through our interactive online classroom accompanied by 2 face-to-face Saturday workshops on campus in Thurles.
This course is aimed primarily at:
- Sports Coaches
- Fitness Professionals
- Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Rehabilitation Professionals
Pay in full:
€220 €165/month for 3 months