This course introduces the coach to fitness testing for sport, fitness development and physical education in general. In order to assess progress and to set goals and to motivate any individual involved in exercise, the coach needs to be able to use appropriate fitness tests. It is also important to ensure that all tests are carried out in a standardised manner. This allows the coach and participant to have confident in the accuracy of the test and result.
The tests described are mainly field based and can be carried out using easily available equipment and freely available apps that make testing anywhere a possibility.
Individual capacity and quality of movement testing is described as well as team specific testing and important factors such as recording, monitoring and interpretation of test results are also addressed.
At the end of this course the learner will be able to:
- Recognise the different domains in fitness testing
- Recognise the limitation of current knowledge in fitness testing
- Demonstrate specialised technical skills and knowledge
- Communicate information in a variety of formats to his or her audience
Course Duration: 12 Weeks
Approval & Recognition: This course is approved by Setanta College and recognised by professional and industry leaders.
NFQ Level: N/A
Course Start Date: This course has an open start date with optional practical workshops to be scheduled when campuses reopen.
Delivery Method: This course is delivered via blended learning, with a weekly lecture delivered through our interactive online classroom accompanied by 2 face-to-face Saturday workshops on campus in Thurles.
- Sports Coaches
- Fitness Professionals
- Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Athletes and Sportspeople
- Anyone interested in personal fitness
€220 €165/month for 3 months