The aim of this course is to provide the opportunity for the coach to acquire specialist skills in using key technologies currently in use in elite sport.
The course explores the ever changing world of sport technology and assesses the practical application of new technologies in training, coaching, and competition.
At the end of this course the learner will be able to:
- Express a broad understanding of the issues relating to technology in sport.
- Demonstrate specific knowledge of the changes arising in technology in sport.
- Display specialist skills in using and interpreting specific technological items that relate to the physical, physiological, and biomechanical assessment of the individual athlete or team.
Accreditation: This course is accredited by Setanta College and carries 10 ECTS credits awarded by QQI. These credits can be applied to the relevant QQI accredited Setanta College programmes.
Course Start Date: The course commences on the first week of September with workshops taking place on the 12th October and the 16th November.
Delivery Method: This course is delivered via blended learning, with online learning through our interactive study environment accompanied by 2 face-to-face Saturday workshops on campus in Thurles.
- Sports Coaches
- Fitness Professionals
- Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Athletes and Sportspeople
- Those who currently use HR monitors, VBT devices, force platforms, or wearable technologies.
Note: Ideally you will have a coaching background.
Pay in full: €600
Pay monthly: €220/month for 3 months